We’re looking for a part-time technical lead (12h/week) for a three-year project in digital human rights work in Uganda in cooperation with local and international partners starting in May. The main goal of the project is to strengthen the human rights in Uganda through the effective and innovative use of digital infrastructure and digital tools as well as to establish a digital mindset with our partners.
Future Challenges explores the intersection of human rights and digitalisation. Registered as an independent, nonprofit association since 2014, Future Challenges was originally founded in 2011 as a blogger platform by the Bertelsmann Foundation to give a voice to people around the world to blog on topics such as globalization, democracy and human rights.
The following three areas are central to the project: the setup of a community of practice, the strengthening of competencies in areas of digital human rights work and the implementation of human rights through further development of local players’ innovative potentials. Already existing concepts and networks shall be identified, further developed, and professionalised. Simultaneous to the three central areas, digital documentation of the activities as well as an impact analysis shall create a basis for effective and innovative, digital-based human rights work.
Independent setup and maintenance of the technical components such as:
- Technical input on the concept and design of the project-based website with third-party service providers
- Supervising the programming of the project-based website with third-party service providers
- Taking care of the hosting as well as other necessary means to ensure the platform is running
- Protect the platform from security threats in cooperation with third-party experts
- University or equivalent degree, alternatively multiple years of relevant work experience
- Multiple years of experience in the setup and maintenance of complex platforms
- Experience in IT-Security or strong interesting in the topic
- Digital mindset, intercultural competency, consulting experience
- Excellent proficiency in English, good proficiency in German (in speech and writing)
- starting as soon as possible
- Salary dependent on experience
- Part-time (12h/week) for now (possibility to increase hours)
- Willingness to travel to Uganda
- Place of work: Berlin (possibility to work remotely at times)
Please apply with a letter of motivation, resume (CV), and relevant references in one pdf or a link to the required documents via email to email@example.com.