— We’re hiring —
Project manager (60%) – Digital human rights work in Uganda
We’re looking for a part-time project manager (60%) for a three-year project in digital human rights work in Uganda in cooperation with local and international partners with a projected start date in March/April of this year. The main goal of the project is to strengthen the human rights in Uganda through the effective and innovative use of digital infrastructure and tools as well as to establish a digital mindset in various target groups.
Future Challenges deals with the topic of how the digitization can enforce human rights. Registered as an independent, nonprofit association since 2014, Future Challenges was originally founded in 2011 as a blogger platform by the Bertelsmann Foundation to give a voice to people around the world to blog on topics such as globalization, democracy and human rights.
The following three areas are central to the project: the setup of a community of practice, the strengthening of competencies in areas of digital human rights work and the implementation of human rights through further development of local players’ innovative potentials. Already existing concepts and networks shall be identified, further developed, and professionalised. Simultaneous to the three central areas, digital documentation of the activities as well as an impact analysis shall create a basis for effective and innovative, digital-based human rights work.
- Independent organisation of project components led by Future Challenges such as:
- Concept and design of project-based website with third-party service providers
- Project management and administration
- Identifying different digital tools for digital Human Rights work and consulting in terms of their implementation to support local human rights organisations in Uganda
- Planning of different activities in cooperation with local partners
- Communication & community management with various stakeholders
- Online Communication (Newsletter, Social Media, Blogposts)
- Close collaboration with our project partners in Berlin and Uganda
- Help with project controlling and reporting according to sponsors’ processes and instruments
- University degree
- Multiple years of experience in project management/lead
- Functional knowledge in ICT4D in terms of the use of digital infrastructure and tools, ideally in the civic area
- Experience in human rights work, ideally competencies in digital human rights protection
- Digital mindset, intercultural competency, consulting experience
- Excellent proficiency in English, good proficiency in German (in speech and writing)
- Expected start date: approximately April 2018 (pending on binding funding commitment)
- Salary according to TVöD 13 and dependent on experience
- Limited to 1 year, with the option to extend to 3 years max.
- Part-time (60%) for now (possibility to increase hours)
- Willingness to travel to Uganda
- Place of work: Berlin (possibility to work remotely at times)
Please apply with a letter of motivation, resume (CV), and relevant references in one pdf or a link to the required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.