Natural Resources and Biodiversity
From Bertelsmann Future Challenges
Since its founding, the Bertelsmann Foundation has worked to define and develop solutions to future challenges. The Foundation is currently engaged in an innovative project to explore large-scale trends in society from 2020 to 2100. This project is called the Megatrend Meta-Analysis (MeMA).
- Metastudy: Natural Resources / Energy Throughout the 20th and early 21st centuries, economic and population growth have driven the use of energy and natural resources. These trends have renewed concerns about resource scarcity, rising prices, and environmental degradation.
Natural Resources and Biodiversity Sessions at the Global Economic Symposium 2011
The first link of each session will take you GES Policy Wiki on FutureChallenges.org to propose concrete solutions, the second link leads you to the GES 2011 Session Information.
- Shaping a Global Resource Strategy: Solutions on the GES website
- Water Scarcity and Virtual Water Trade: Solutions on the GES website
- Dealing with the Race for Agricultural Land: Solutions on the GES website
- Reducing the Water and Waste Footprints of Megacities: Solutions on the GES website
Experts and Institutions